Ramen noodle casseroles are a creative and delicious way to elevate your favorite instant ramen into a satisfying and comforting meal.
With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you can transform ordinary ramen noodles into a mouthwatering casserole that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner or a casual gathering with friends and family.
This versatile dish allows you to customize the flavors to suit your preferences, creating a personalized comfort food experience.
In this article, we’ll be sharing a fantastic ramen noodle casserole recipe that combines the convenience of ramen noodles with savory and rich ingredients to create a dish that’s both easy to make and delightfully tasty.
By following these step-by-step instructions, you can prepare an impressive and flavorful meal that will have everyone asking for seconds.
So, grab your favorite pack of ramen noodles and let’s embark on this scrumptious cooking adventure together!
Table of Contents
- How to Make Ramen Noodle Casserole
- Side Dishes for Ramen Noodle Casserole
- How to Store Ramen Noodle Casserole
- Common Mistakes to Avoid
- Ramen Noodle Casserole Recipe
How to Make Ramen Noodle Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef (or chicken or Italian sausage, if preferred)
- 2 packages (3-ounce) beef-flavored ramen noodles
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 beef flavor packet (from the ramen noodles)
- 2 cups of vegetables (optional)
- 1 cup water chestnuts (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a baking dish.
In a skillet, cook the ground beef or your choice of meat (chicken or Italian sausage) over medium heat until browned.
Then, drain the excess fat.
Break up the ramen noodles into bite-sized pieces, and set aside the beef flavor packets.
In a separate pot, cook the vegetables (if using) with 1 1/2 cups of water until crisp-tender.
Add the broken ramen noodles, beef flavor packet, and water chestnuts (if using) to the pot.
Let the noodles absorb the water and cook until soft.
Combine the cooked meat with the noodle mixture, and pour in the Cream of Chicken Soup.
Mix well to create a balance among the noodles, meat, and vegetables.
Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish and spread evenly.
Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese on top of the casserole.
Bake the casserole for approximately 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Now you have a delicious and affordable Ramen Noodle Casserole that is perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
Serve hot and enjoy the comforting taste of non-sticky noodles combined with your choice of meat and vegetables.
Side Dishes for Ramen Noodle Casserole
When serving a delicious Ramen Noodle Casserole, you may want to provide some complementary side dishes to elevate your meal and enhance the dish’s flavors.
Here are a few side dishes that work well with Ramen Noodle Casserole.
Grilled Italian Sausage
Grilled Italian sausage is a great side dish for Ramen Noodle Casserole because it adds a savory and flavorful element to the dish.
The rich, herby flavors of the sausage contrast nicely with the flavors of the casserole.
You can choose between mild and spicy varieties depending on your preference.
Steamed Broccoli Florets
Steamed broccoli florets are a healthy and simple side dish that goes well with Ramen Noodle Casserole.
The broccoli’s mild flavor balances out the casserole’s rich flavors, and its vibrant green color adds a visual appeal to your meal.
You can steam the broccoli with a little bit of salt and pepper to taste, or even add a splash of lemon juice for a zesty touch.
How to Store Ramen Noodle Casserole
Storing your ramen noodle casserole correctly can help keep its taste and texture intact for as long as possible.
There are a few methods that you can use to store this delicious dish, allowing you to enjoy it again at a later time.
1. Cooling and refrigerating:
After cooking the ramen noodle casserole, let it cool down to room temperature.
To speed up the cooling process, you can place the casserole dish on a cooling rack or transfer the casserole to a shallow container.
Once it has cooled down, cover your casserole dish with either plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Make sure to create a tight seal to keep air out.
Then, place the dish in the refrigerator. Your casserole can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
If you want to store the casserole for a longer period, consider freezing it.
Before freezing, allow the casserole to cool down to room temperature.
After it has cooled, wrap the casserole dish tightly in aluminum foil or use a freezer-safe container with a tight-fitting lid.
Label the container with the date and the name of the dish.
You can store the ramen noodle casserole in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
Using too much water
When preparing ramen noodle casserole, be mindful of the amount of water you add.
Following the recipe’s recommended cups of water will help maintain the desired texture of the noodles.
Adding too much water will result in mushy and unappetizing noodles.
Adding too many frozen ingredients
While adding cups of frozen vegetables or protein can enhance the casserole’s nutritional value, using too many frozen ingredients can negatively impact the dish’s texture.
Make sure to balance the number of frozen ingredients with the other components of the casserole.
Choosing the wrong noodles
Selecting the right noodles is essential for a delicious ramen noodle casserole.
Avoid using overly cheap or low-quality noodles.
Asian stir-fry noodles or a box of ramen noodles can be a better choice for this dish.
Skipping the sauce
A crucial part of a great ramen noodle casserole is the sauce.
Ketchup can be an ingredient for creating a simple yet flavorful sauce.
Don’t forget to add it to your dish, as it can elevate the taste of your casserole.
Ramen Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 1 greased baking dish
- 1 skillet
- 1 pot
- 1 pound ground beef or chicken or Italian sausage, if preferred
- 2 packages 3-ounce beef-flavored ramen noodles
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1 beef flavor packet from the ramen noodles
- 2 cups of vegetables optional
- 1 cup water chestnuts optional
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a baking dish.In a skillet, cook the ground beef or your choice of meat (chicken or Italian sausage) over medium heat until browned.Then, drain the excess fat.
- Break up the ramen noodles into bite-sized pieces, and set aside the beef flavor packets.In a separate pot, cook the vegetables (if using) with 1 1/2 cups of water until crisp-tender.Add the broken ramen noodles, beef flavor packet, and water chestnuts (if using) to the pot.Let the noodles absorb the water and cook until soft.
- Combine the cooked meat with the noodle mixture, and pour in the Cream of Chicken Soup.Mix well to create a balance among the noodles, meat, and vegetables.Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish and spread evenly.Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese on top of the casserole.
- Bake the casserole for approximately 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.Now you have a delicious and affordable Ramen Noodle Casserole that is perfect for a quick weeknight meal.Serve hot and enjoy the comforting taste of non-sticky noodles combined with your choice of meat and vegetables.