If you’re a burger lover looking for the next best thing, look no further than the Jesse Kelly Burger.
This mouthwatering burger recipe has gained popularity among food enthusiasts thanks to its perfect blend of flavors and textures.
You can create this delicious burger right in your own kitchen in just a few simple steps.
The key ingredients in the Jesse Kelly Burger are ground beef, cheddar cheese, onion, and garlic, which all come together to create a juicy and flavorful patty.
Added to that, the unique combination of ketchup and mustard elevates the overall burger experience.
As you prepare this recipe, you’ll be surprised at just how easy it is to make, and the results will leave you craving more.
Ready to embark on this culinary adventure?
Roll up your sleeves, and let’s dive into the art of mastering the Jesse Kelly Burger.
With this recipe, you’re on your way to enjoying a delicious burger that’s sure to impress your taste buds and leave a lasting impression.
Table of Contents
- How To Make Jesse Kelly Burger
- Side Dishes For Jesse Kelly Burger
- Ingredients Substitutes
- How To Store Jesse Kelly Burger
- Common Mistakes To Avoid
- Jesse Kelly Burger Recipe
How To Make Jesse Kelly Burger
To make a delicious, juicy Jesse Kelly Burger, gather the following ingredients:
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20 or fattier)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Seasoned salt, to taste
- 4 slices American cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- 2 high-quality burger buns
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Your favorite toppings (lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.)
- Special Sauce: Mix 2 tablespoons ketchup, 2 tablespoons mustard, and 2 tablespoons hot sauce (Chipotle and Tabasco work well)
Follow these steps for the perfect Jesse Kelly Burger that will delight your taste buds:
Step 1. Prepare the beef patties:
Combine the ground beef, garlic powder, and seasoned salt in a mixing bowl.
Mix the ingredients until well combined.
Taking a pound of meat, divide it into four equal portions and form each into a round patty shape.
Step 2. Cook the burger patties:
Preheat a skillet or grill to medium-high heat.
Lightly butter each side of the burger buns.
Put the buns on the skillet or grill and cook them until they’re slightly browned.
Remove and set aside.
Now, place the beef patties on the skillet or grill and cook them according to your desired level of doneness:
- Medium-rare: Cook for 3-4 minutes per side
- Medium-well: Cook for 6-7 minutes per side
- Well done: Cook for 8-9 minutes per side
Don’t forget to flip the patties halfway through cooking to ensure they’re evenly cooked.
Step 3. Add the cheese:
When you have about a minute left in the cooking time, place a slice of American cheese on top of each patty.
Let the cheese melt slightly while the burgers finish cooking.
Step 4. Assemble your burger:
Spread a layer of the special sauce on the bottom half of each toasted bun.
Place the cooked beef patties with melted cheese on top of the sauce.
Add your favorite toppings, such as lettuce, tomato, and onion.
Spread another layer of the special sauce on the top half of the bun and place it on top of the burger.
Now, your delicious Jesse Kelly Burger is ready to be enjoyed!
Side Dishes For Jesse Kelly Burger
Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potato fries make a delicious, healthy side dish for your Jesse Kelly Burger.
Their natural sweetness complements the burger’s savory flavors, and they can be seasoned with spices like paprika to enhance their taste.
You can bake them in the oven or use an air-fryer for a healthier alternative to deep-frying.
A classic potato salad is another great side option to serve with your Jesse Kelly Burger.
With creamy dressing, crunchy celery, and a touch of tanginess, it balances the flavors of the burger perfectly.
Customize your potato salad with additional ingredients like black beans, roasted vegetables, or even barbecue sauce for a personalized twist.
Crispy Onion Rings
Crispy onion rings are a popular choice for a side dish with burgers.
Their crunchy texture and mild onion flavor complement the Jesse Kelly Burger well.
You can prepare them using a traditional batter or opt for a lighter, baked version.
Serve them with a dipping sauce of your choice for an extra blast of flavor.
Type of Cheese
In the Jesse Kelly Burger recipe, American cheese is used to add a creamy texture that pairs perfectly with the beef.
However, feel free to experiment with other types of cheese to suit your preferences.
Some popular alternatives include:
This mild and nutty cheese melts beautifully and adds an additional layer of flavor to your burger.
For a bolder taste, crumble some blue cheese onto your burger.
Its sharp and tangy flavor contrasts nicely with the savory beef patty.
If you’re looking for a spicy kick, pepper jack offers the perfect balance of heat and creaminess.
If you’re looking for a low-carb or gluten-free option, consider replacing the hamburger bun with lettuce wraps.
Large lettuce leaves, such as romaine or iceberg, can hold the burger and toppings together while providing a crisp and refreshing contrast to the beef patty.
How To Store Jesse Kelly Burger
Storing your Jesse Kelly Burger can be simple and hassle-free if you follow some handy tips.
Whether you have leftovers or want to prepare your ingredients in advance, proper storage methods will ensure your burger remains fresh and tasty.
Storing Prepared Patties:
To store cooked patties, first allow them to cool down to room temperature.
Then, place a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper between each patty to prevent them from sticking together.
Next, secure them in an airtight container to retain freshness.
Store the container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, but remember your patties are best enjoyed within 2-3 days.
Storing Uncooked Patties:
For uncooked patties, follow the same process as cooked patties, adding parchment or wax paper between each one.
Be sure to place them in a tightly sealed, airtight container.
You can store them in the refrigerator for 1-2 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Before using frozen patties, let them thaw completely in the refrigerator for several hours.
Common Mistakes To Avoid
Here are some common mistakes to avoid when preparing Jesse Kelly Burger.
Not Using a Meat Thermometer
It’s essential to use a meat thermometer when cooking your Jesse Kelly burgers to ensure that they reach the ideal internal temperature.
Cooking by time or appearance alone may result in undercooked or overcooked patties.
Make sure to check the internal temperature of your patties to avoid foodborne illnesses and achieve the desired doneness.
Cooking on Too High or Low Heat
When grilling or frying your burger patties, it’s crucial to maintain a medium heat.
Cooking on high heat may lead to the outside of the patty getting burned while the inside remains undercooked.
On the other hand, cooking on low heat may cause the meat to lose its juiciness and result in a dry burger.
Achieving the right balance of heat will ensure a tender and juicy Jesse Kelly burger.
Overlooking Burger Toppings and Assembly
Although the focus is mainly on the meat, don’t forget about the importance of toppings and assembly in a Jesse Kelly burger.
Flavorful condiments, fresh and crisp lettuce, thinly sliced tomatoes, and pickles contribute significantly to the burger experience.
Additionally, properly toasting the bun and assembling the burger in the right order can make it easier to eat and improve the overall taste and texture.
Jesse Kelly Burger Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20 or fattier
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Seasoned salt to taste
- 4 slices American cheese or your favorite cheese
- 2 high-quality burger buns
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Your favorite toppings lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.
- Special Sauce: Mix 2 tablespoons ketchup 2 tablespoons mustard, and 2 tablespoons hot sauce (Chipotle and Tabasco work well)
- Combine the ground beef, garlic powder and seasoned salt in a mixing bowl.Mix the ingredients until well combined.Taking a pound of meat, divide it into four equal portions and form each into a round patty shape.
- Preheat a skillet or grill to medium-high heat.Lightly butter each side of the burger buns.Put the buns on the skillet or grill and cook them until they're slightly browned.Remove and set aside.Now, place the beef patties on the skillet or grill and cook them according to your desired level of doneness:. Medium-rare: Cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Medium-well: Cook for 6-7 minutes per side. Well-done: Cook for 8-9 minutes per side Don't forget to flip the patties halfway through cooking to ensure they're evenly cooked.
- When you have about a minute left in the cooking time, place a slice of American cheese on top of each patty.Let the cheese melt slightly while the burgers finish cooking.
- Spread a layer of the special sauce on the bottom half of each toasted bun.Place the cooked beef patties with melted cheese on top of the sauce.Add your favorite toppings, such as lettuce, tomato and onion.Spread another layer of the special sauce on the top half of the bun and place it on top of the burger.Now, your delicious Jesse Kelly Burger is ready to be enjoyed!