May and June are graduation and wedding months.
Keep us in mind for your private parties and catering!
We will be open Sundays, May 12 and June 16,
to celebrate Mother’s Day and Father’s Day!
Please join us for dinner — 5 – 9:30 pm
Upcoming Cooking Classes
Paleo Diet – Tues. Apr 30th
Ethnic Street Food – Tues. June 4th
Revisiting Julia Child and Popular Dishes of the 60s and 70s – Tues. June 11th
Tribute to Chez Panisse – Tues. June 25th
July (tentative dates)
Summer Market Class — Tues. July 10th
Barbecue Magic – Tues. July 16th
Mexican Food – Tues. July 23rd
Some of our classes are repeats of very popular ones in the past. We promise there will be plenty of new information and recipes for previous and new attendees. Our classes always cover the important information you need to master a cuisine, but then apply that information to new recipes.
Classes run from 6:30 to 9 p.m. and cost $60, plus an optional $10 for wine and beer with the class. Don’t eat before you come as there will be plenty of great food. The classes will be held in the kitchen or the Wine Room, depending on how many people reserve. For our returning guests, there will be a mix of new and repeat recipes, since there are always a few basics that one needs to master to do justice to the cuisine. Please reserve well ahead of time.
A special offer for our Cooking Class attendees
We have many customers who come to multiple classes and we’d like to thank you for your interest and offer you a discount for the future. Here it is: For every
6 classes you attend—from April on—we’ll give you one free. That’s equivalent to a $10 discount per class. (It doesn’t include the wine and beer since that is optional anyway.)
Sound enticing? We hope so. This offer will be good indefinitely. So check out our list of classes and anticipate even more offerings in coming months. For more information on the classes, check our website. We also invite you to tell us topics you would like us to cover. Happy Cooking!
Weddings, Receptions at Leon Bistro
Our wine room is just the right size for an intimate wedding, a wedding rehearsal dinner, or a wedding or baby shower. You can reserve the wine room any evening or afternoon, even on a day when we are normally closed. The entire restaurant is also available for a special event. Give us a call for information and menu suggestions.
A photo of our most recent Paleo cooking class — in the Wine Room.
Cooking Class in the Kitchen at
What better gifts for your favorite chef than a gift certificate for a cooking class, or a gift basket filled with the very special sauces, oils and concentrates that we use all the time at Leon Bistro. You can build your own basket or pick up one already assembled at the restaurant. When you make your choice, remember that most of the products are very fresh and must be kept in the refrigerator, so make room for the entire basket the frig or do the final assembly yourself before gifting it. The oils and vinaigrette, however, will keep, and can even be shipped (ask us about shipping costs). Here is a list of items for your gift baskets.
● Thai Green Curry Aioli–Fresh herbs, a mix of spices, lemon juice, pasteurized egg, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. 8 or 16 oz ($7-$14) Perishable.
● Demi Glace–The secret to all good meat sauces. made from the trim of meats and vegetables and cooked slowly until it reaches a syrup consistency. 8 or 16 oz, ($12-$20) Perishable
●Balsamic Vinaigrette–Our own recipe and a great favorite of customers. 250 ml or 500 ml. ($7-$14)
● Dipping Oil–The dipping sauce we serve every night and the base of our marinades for meats and vegetables. 250 ml or 500 ml ($7-$14)
● Bacon-Onion Marmalade–The secret ingredient that makes our pizza better than any you have ever tasted. Great as a condiment with hamburgers and grilled meats or to spread on sandwiches. Sends our Paleo-diet friends to Heaven. 8 or 16 ozl ($12-$18) Perishable
● Fig-Onion Marmalade–For those who don’t eat bacon. A similar taste. 8 or 16 oz ($12-$18). Perishable
● Caesar Dressing–The pure thing, no embellishments or chemicals, just olive oil, lemon juice, eggs (pasteurized), salt, cayenne, capers and Parmesan cheese. 8 oz or 16 oz ($7-$14) Perishable.
● House-made Basil Oil–Olive oil and basil, when properly steeped together, create an incredibly fresh taste that is ideal for your salads and to nap your fish or vegetable entree just before serving. 250 ml or 500 ml ($7-$14).
● Candied Walnuts–a perfect garnish for your salads. $5
● Wycliff Champagne–a great value available only from Leon Bistro. $16
● St. Peter’s Gluten-Free Beer–Definitely the best we’ve tasted. Brewed in Suffolk, England. A rare treat. $9 bottle
● Leon Bistro Gift Certificate — Any amount.
$15. The basics: Balsamic Vinaigrette & Dipping Oil (add Champagne $30)
$24. Small Chef’s Special: Demi-Glace, Bacon-Onion Marmalade (add Champagne $40)
$25. Salad Makings: Balsamic Vinaigrette, Caesar Dressing, Basil Oil, Candied Walnuts
$40. Large Chef’s Special: Demi-Glace, Bacon-onion Marmalade, Basil Oil, Thai Green Curry Aioli, Candied Walnuts (add Champagne $55)
$42. Our Vegetarian/Non-Gluten Basket: Fig-Onion Marmalade, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Candied Walnuts, and 2 bottles of St. Peter’s Gluten-Free Beer $70. One of Everything Made by Leon Bistro
|PLEASE BE AWARE THAT LEON BISTRO WILL NOT BE OPEN FOR DINNER ON TUESDAY EVENINGS, BEGINNING IN JANUARY.|
Number 1 on TripAdvisor.com
Thank you for your reviews on TripAdvisor.com. We now rank #1 among the 77 restaurants listed in Chico! Please keep sending them—and even more important— keep telling us about your dining experience. We learn a great deal from your comments and do welcome them.
Leon Bistro, 817 Main St., Chico 95928 ♦ 530-899-1105 ♦ www.leonbistro.com ♦ firstname.lastname@example.org