Please vote for our Chef, Ann Leon, and our restaurant, Leon Bistro, in CNR’s Best of Chico
*(deadline Sept. 16! ) *
To vote, go to:
Thankyou for naming Ann Best Chef in Chico in 2011, 2012 and 2013, and Leon Bistro, the 3rd Best Restaurant in 2013.
We greatly value these awardsbecause they come from our customers, whom we want to please above all.
We are proud of our Chef and our staff for their consistently fine work nightly at the restaurant, at cooking classes and private parties—and especially for their enthusiastic participation in the many events we do for the community.
Weddings, Receptions at Leon Bistro
Our Wine Room is just the right size for an intimate wedding, a wedding rehearsal dinner, or a wedding or baby shower. You can reserve the Wine Room any evening or afternoon, even on a day when we are normally closed. The entire restaurant is also available for a special event. Give us a call for information and menu suggestions.
A photo of our most recent Paleo cooking class — in the Wine Room.
Cooking Class in the Kitchen at
What better gifts for your favorite chef than a gift certificate for a cooking class, or a gift basket filled with the very special sauces, oils and concentrates that we use all the time at Leon Bistro. You can build your own basket or pick up one already assembled at the restaurant. When you make your choice, remember that most of the products are very fresh and must be kept in the refrigerator, so make room for the entire basket the frig or do the final assembly yourself before gifting it. The oils and vinaigrette, however, will keep, and can even be shipped (ask us about shipping costs). Here is a list of items for your gift baskets.
● Thai Green Curry Aioli–Fresh herbs, a mix of spices, lemon juice, pasteurized egg, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. 8 or 16 oz ($7-$14) Perishable.
● Demi Glace–The secret to all good meat sauces. made from the trim of meats and vegetables and cooked slowly until it reaches a syrup consistency. 8 or 16 oz, ($12-$20) Perishable
●Balsamic Vinaigrette–Our own recipe and a great favorite of customers. 250 ml or 500 ml. ($7-$14)
● Dipping Oil–The dipping sauce we serve every night and the base of our marinades for meats and vegetables. 250 ml or 500 ml ($7-$14)
● Bacon-Onion Marmalade–The secret ingredient that makes our pizza better than any you have ever tasted. Great as a condiment with hamburgers and grilled meats or to spread on sandwiches. Sends our Paleo-diet friends to Heaven. 8 or 16 ozl ($12-$18) Perishable
● Fig-Onion Marmalade–For those who don’t eat bacon. A similar taste. 8 or 16 oz ($12-$18). Perishable
● Caesar Dressing–The pure thing, no embellishments or chemicals, just olive oil, lemon juice, eggs (pasteurized), salt, cayenne, capers and Parmesan cheese. 8 oz or 16 oz ($7-$14) Perishable.
● House-made Basil Oil–Olive oil and basil, when properly steeped together, create an incredibly fresh taste that is ideal for your salads and to nap your fish or vegetable entree just before serving. 250 ml or 500 ml ($7-$14).
● Candied Walnuts–a perfect garnish for your salads. $5
● Wycliff Champagne–a great value available only from Leon Bistro. $16
● St. Peter’s Gluten-Free Beer–Definitely the best we’ve tasted. Brewed in Suffolk, England. A rare treat. $9 bottle
● Leon Bistro Gift Certificate — Any amount.
$15. The basics: Balsamic Vinaigrette & Dipping Oil (add Champagne $30)
$24. Small Chef’s Special: Demi-Glace, Bacon-Onion Marmalade (add Champagne $40)
$25. Salad Makings: Balsamic Vinaigrette, Caesar Dressing, Basil Oil, Candied Walnuts
$40. Large Chef’s Special: Demi-Glace, Bacon-onion Marmalade, Basil Oil, Thai Green Curry Aioli, Candied Walnuts (add Champagne $55)
$42. Our Vegetarian/Non-Gluten Basket: Fig-Onion Marmalade, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Candied Walnuts, two and 2 bottles of St. Peter’s Gluten-Free Beer $70. One of Everything Made by Leon Bistro
|PLEASE BE AWARE THAT LEON BISTRO WILL NOT BE OPEN FOR DINNER ON TUESDAY EVENINGS, BEGINNING IN JANUARY.|
Leon Bistro, 817 Main St., Chico 95928 ♦ 530-899-1105 ♦ www.leonbistro.com♦ email@example.com