New Year’s Eve
No prix fixe! No special time when you have to arrive (5-10 PM as usual). Just our delicious food (plus some luxurious specials) and our warm, welcoming atmosphere.
WE WILL BE CLOSED on SUNDAY DEC. 22nd through TUESDAY JANUARY 7th, except for NEW YEAR’S EVE.
DURING THIS TIME WE WILL TAKE RESERVATIONS by PHONE or E-MAIL for NEW YEAR’S EVE, for COOKING CLASSES, and for DINNER .
January-February Cooking Classes
We will resume Tuesday evening cooking classes in January. These classes are in the Wine Room which gives all of us room to spread about. The price is $60/ person and wine
or beer pour is $10, Reserve ahead of time and come with an appetite.
Southern Italy Cuisine—Tuesday, Jan. 14
Sauces—Tuesday, Jan. 21
Paleo Diet—Tuesday, Jan. 28
Chocolate Technique & Recipes—Tuesday, Feb. 4
Northern Italy Cuisine—Tuesday, Feb. 18
Thai Cuisine—Tuesday, Feb. 25.
Need A Present Anyone?
Our house-made organic products make excellent gifts for your favorite cook or even the person who just loves good food!. If you like, we can wrap them attractively for gift-giving. Our oils and vinaigrette can be shipped but our other products, which are perishable, should be kept in the refrigerator or freezer.
Another gift idea, our gift certificates!.
Leon Bistro Balsamic Vinaigrette—our own recipe and a top seller. Use it on salads and as a marinade for meats and vegetables before grilling. 250 ml or 500 ml. ($7, $14)
Our Extra-Virgin Olive Oil—Our favorite olive oil from an organic grower in the Chico area. Unfiltered and cold-pressed from mid-harvest Manzanillo olives. 250 ml or 500 ml. ($10, $20)
Our own Basil-infused Oil—You can smell the fresh basil! We steep organic basil in a mix of locally-produced olive and canola oils to achieve an excellent, tasty oil to cook with at a high heat. 250 ml or 500 ml. ($7, $14)
Leon Bistro Demi-Glace We prepare it weekly, starting by caramelizing the meat bones and vegetables, then adding water and simmering slowly for hours until it is reduced to a thick, dark, pungent sauce. It is the basis of all our sauces for meats. We suggest freezing it in an ice cube tray and using a cube as you need it. 8 or 16 oz. ($12, $20) Perishable
Leon Bistro Thai Green Curry Aioli Similar to mayonnaise but with a spicy, garlicky taste that’s perfect as an hors d’ouevre dip, or serving with shrimp, crab cakes and other seafood, which is how we serve it at the restaurant. 8 or 16 oz ($7, $14) Perishable
Leon Bistro Dipping Oil The dipping oil served at the restaurant. We brush it on bruschetta and use it as a marinade for meats and vegetables. 250 ml or 500 ml ($7, $14)
Leon Bistro Bacon-Onion Marmalade The ingredient that makes our hamburger better
than any you have ever tasted. Great as a condiment with grilled meats or spread on
sandwiches. Our paleo-diet friends love it. Perishable. 8 or 16 oz ($12, $20)
Caesar Dressing–The pure thing, no embellishments or chemicals, just olive oil, lemon
juice, eggs (pasteurized), salt, cayenne, capers and Parmesan cheese. Perishable. 8
or 16 oz ($7-$14)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everybody!
Weddings, Receptions at Leon Bistro
Our wine room is just the right size for an intimate wedding, a wedding rehearsal dinner, or a wedding or baby shower. You can reserve the wine room any evening or afternoon, even on a day when we are normally closed. The entire restaurant is also available for a special event. Give us a call for information and menu suggestions.
A photo of our most recent Paleo cooking class — in the Wine Room.
Cooking Class in the Kitchen at
What better gifts for your favorite chef than a gift certificate for a cooking class, or a gift basket filled with the very special sauces, oils and concentrates that we use all the time at Leon Bistro. You can build your own basket or pick up one already assembled at the restaurant. When you make your choice, remember that most of the products are very fresh and must be kept in the refrigerator, so make room for the entire basket the frig or do the final assembly yourself before gifting it. The oils and vinaigrette, however, will keep, and can even be shipped (ask us about shipping costs). Here is a list of items for your gift baskets.
● Thai Green Curry Aioli–Fresh herbs, a mix of spices, lemon juice, pasteurized egg, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. 8 or 16 oz ($7-$14) Perishable.
● Demi Glace–The secret to all good meat sauces. made from the trim of meats and vegetables and cooked slowly until it reaches a syrup consistency. 8 or 16 oz, ($12-$20) Perishable
●Balsamic Vinaigrette–Our own recipe and a great favorite of customers. 250 ml or 500 ml. ($7-$14)
● Dipping Oil–The dipping sauce we serve every night and the base of our marinades for meats and vegetables. 250 ml or 500 ml ($7-$14)
● Bacon-Onion Marmalade–The secret ingredient that makes our pizza better than any you have ever tasted. Great as a condiment with hamburgers and grilled meats or to spread on sandwiches. Sends our Paleo-diet friends to Heaven. 8 or 16 ozl ($12-$18) Perishable
● Fig-Onion Marmalade–For those who don’t eat bacon. A similar taste. 8 or 16 oz ($12-$18). Perishable
● Caesar Dressing–The pure thing, no embellishments or chemicals, just olive oil, lemon juice, eggs (pasteurized), salt, cayenne, capers and Parmesan cheese. 8 oz or 16 oz ($7-$14) Perishable.
● House-made Basil Oil–Olive oil and basil, when properly steeped together, create an incredibly fresh taste that is ideal for your salads and to nap your fish or vegetable entree just before serving. 250 ml or 500 ml ($7-$14).
● Candied Walnuts–a perfect garnish for your salads. $5
● Wycliff Champagne–a great value available only from Leon Bistro. $16
● St. Peter’s Gluten-Free Beer–Definitely the best we’ve tasted. Brewed in Suffolk, England. A rare treat. $9 bottle
● Leon Bistro Gift Certificate — Any amount.
$15. The basics: Balsamic Vinaigrette & Dipping Oil (add Champagne $30)
$24. Small Chef’s Special: Demi-Glace, Bacon-Onion Marmalade (add Champagne $40)
$25. Salad Makings: Balsamic Vinaigrette, Caesar Dressing, Basil Oil, Candied Walnuts
$40. Large Chef’s Special: Demi-Glace, Bacon-onion Marmalade, Basil Oil, Thai Green Curry Aioli, Candied Walnuts (add Champagne $55)
$42. Our Vegetarian/Non-Gluten Basket: Fig-Onion Marmalade, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Candied Walnuts, and 2 bottles of St. Peter’s Gluten-Free Beer $70. One of Everything Made by Leon Bistro
|PLEASE BE AWARE THAT LEON BISTRO WILL NOT BE OPEN FOR DINNER ON TUESDAY EVENINGS, BEGINNING IN JANUARY.|
Number 1 on TripAdvisor.com
Thank you for your reviews on TripAdvisor.com. We now rank #1 among the 77 restaurants listed in Chico! Please keep sending them—and even more important— keep telling us about your dining experience. We learn a great deal from your comments and do welcome them.
Leon Bistro, 817 Main St., Chico 95928 ♦ 530-899-1105 ♦ www.leonbistro.com ♦ firstname.lastname@example.org